For the past five days I’ve been working on an open source Android application for analyzing your Facebook messaging data.
This is a mobile version of the web app here.
I tried to follow the Android UI guidelines as closely as possible and even emulated Google’s new card interface! Here’s a couple of screenshots:
The “Cards UI” is essentially a custom
ListView with a large transparent separator. The border is rendered through a ninepatch generated from a screenshot. Since I thought the current free android graphing libraries are lacking in the visuals department, I created my own graph library based off of
HoloGraphLibrary, which currently supports bar, pie, and line charts.
In these couple of days I’ve learned so much more about android programming. As a result, my code from the beginning of the project is much less than optimal since I didn’t know much about the Android API. However, the source code will still be available! After I prepare and finalize it, you’ll find it here!